JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes, courtesy of Cody K.: "Home" by Talking Heads; "You Connect Me" by Foxy Shazam; "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" by Cake]
According to this article on "ego depletion" (a cousin of decision fatigue), if you made a New Year's resolution, "You're much more likely to make improvements than someone who hasn't made a formal resolution." How is thinking out loud about who/what/where/how you want to be during your LAST SEMESTER OF MANDATORY EDUCATION an example of performative utterance? Do you expect it to change your behavior or identity?
1. Journal/turn in CD (forgot? bring it tomorrow-- and please include a play list)
1. Old Business: vocab, lit terms, big questions, blog updates, global study group/recruitment, collaborative working groups
2. New Business: AP registration, lang/comp boot camp, exam calendar, grammar/mechanics, rhetorical essay
3. BIG QUESTION SECTION I: The Abstract
1. Write the abstract for your big question; due tomorrow (Wed 1/11)