JOURNAL TOPIC: ["My Friends Always Ask Me" by Mary Lane; "Ask Me Now" by Thelonious Monk]
Does language merely describe reality or does it create a sense of reality? Do speakers of different languages just use different words to describe the same things, or do they actually think and see the world differently because of the language they use? Explain your answer.
1. Journal/collect Poisonwood Bible edits & notes
2. Socratic Seminar: development of the English language
1. Vocabulary + quiz tomorrow (Friday, 9/9)
2. Literature analysis title/book in hand tomorrow (9/9)
3. Submit Elks Lodge scholarship app to College Office tomorrow (9/9)