Friday, October 21, 2011

October 21

JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Lose Yourself" (slightly abridged) by Eminem; "Bella" by Carlos Santana; "The Three Stooges (Three Blind Mice)" arr. by Spud Murphy]

How do you suggest Hamlet "get his mind right" in order to come through in the clutch and overcome his "paralysis by analysis"? How does Shakespeare manipulate characters through situational irony? (Consider what each character doesn't know.)

AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Vocabulary quiz
3. Hamlet: Act IV
4. Your weekend & preview of coming attractions

HW:
1. Finish reading Hamlet: Act IV
2. Post Literature Analysis #2 to your blog and email five colleagues (including me) with invitations to comment-- when you write the invitation be mindful of the art of hosting good conversations online

3 comments:

  1. Dr. Preston come check out my blog! Feel free to comment and communicate with the other people on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dr. Preston I tried sending an email and i got back saying can not be sent to this address. I will try sending it again, but if I can not here is the blog address and it would be appreciated if you can give me your thoughts.

    http://sorhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/2011/10/literary-analysis-2.html

    Stephanie Owens Per.4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Preston, I think you'd be interested in my blog post: http://derhsenglitcomp.blogspot.com/2011/10/brave-new-world.html

    Feel free to comment and communicate with the other people on my blog.
    Dannielle Edwards, 4th.

    ReplyDelete