JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tunes: "Teach me Tonight" by Etta James; "Arabesque #1" by Debussy]
1. Complain about Dickens' use of a literary technique that you felt detracted from your understanding of last night's reading.
2. Praise Dickens for using a literary technique that helped you "get" what was going on and/or what you think he was trying to say.
1. Journal/note re: Dickens' v. Dickens's
2. Novel groups: analyze Dickens' use of literary techniques
3. Prepare to teach the other group tomorrow
1. Review the 1st 100 pp. in light of discussion; add your discussion notes to your blog.